Search This Blog

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Lady Sovereign has confessed about her lesbian

British rapper Lady Sovereign has confessed she is a lesbian, insisting she would have come out of the closet sooner if publicists hadn`t persuaded her to keep her sexual orientation a secret.

Now the 24-year-old star has finally come clean about her sexual persuasion, saying that she was advised not to tell the truth about being gay when she first became famous, Contact music reported.

"Magazines would always ask about it (sexuality) but (they) would get stopped by my publicists. It was my choice, too, because I was a bit worried about it - but now I don`t really give a damn," said the artist.

She is much relieved now that she has put an end to all the speculations and is feeling much more comfortable.

"You can`t hide away forever. It`s just stupid and now I`ve come out I feel a lot more comfortable with myself. But it was a bit scary back then, because some people do have horrible opinions," she added.

Sovereign is the third artist to have confessed to being homosexual since Spanish singer Ricky Martin confessed to his being gay last month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
(c) free template