Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

After Kaminey Shahid called Badmash

SHAHID KAPOOR as a bad guy in the dark thriller Kaminey and will now be seen as a conman in Badmaash Company. Shahid Kapoor says playing characters with a negative streak is an 'escape route' from his good-boy image in real life.

'I think I always wanted to be a good boy, but I think inherently I have a badmaash [naughty] streak in me. That's why I love doing this role. This is my escape route. What I couldn't do in my childhood, [I'm] doing it in films,' Shahid said.

I won't really call this guy a bad guy. Badmaash is a little less of a bad guy than a kamina. In Kaminey, from the very beginning, Charlie is edgy and different, but here when the film begins you will find that the four characters are normal middle-class guys and then they get into doing these scams and schemes,' the actor said.

'In Kaminey Charlie never used to think... he was spontaneous, but here the guy is lot more of a thinker, planner and schemer. I think it's fun playing a bad guy,' he said. 'These guys want to do things on their own terms. That's what today's youth are all about. They want to set their own rules, make things in their own way. They find their own route to success. That's why the tag line says 'they want to do all the wrong things in the right way'.'

Set in the 1990s, Sethi's directorial debut Badmaash Company will see four young friends - Shahid, Anushka Sharma, Vir Das and Meiyang Chang - from middle-class Mumbai joining hands to start a company. Their business is an instant success because they find a way to beat the system.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
(c) free template